Last updated 22/06/2022
Our Contact Details
Britannia Tea Company Limited
320 King Street
The personal information we collect
We currently collect and process personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name, email, telephone and any other contact details). The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You placed an order through our website
- You completed the enquiry form on our website
- You contacted us by email, telephone or in person about placing an order or a service we provide
- You subscribed to our mailing list
Occasionally we may ask for contact details if you wish to take advantage or an offer, competition or other promotion. This will normally consist of name, telephone number and/or email address and will only be used for the purposes as requested at the time of sign up and will often include opting in to a mailing list. You always have the option to opt out at any time by either clicking the unsubscribe link or contacting us.
We do not share information with any third party organisations, unless required to by law or for processing a service. Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us at the details above.
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a vital interest.
- We need it to perform a public task.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored either on website for processing orders. Most information is kept for the duration required to provide our services to you, or up to a maximum of 6 years. After this time if we have no further dealings with you it will be securely destroyed or removed.
If you sign up to our email marketing mailing list then the details you provide are stored with our email marketing provider Campaign Monitor. We operate an opt-in policy for email marketing so you will only be added to our mailing list if you choose to subscribe. You details will then be held on the mailing list until you unsubscribe or opt out.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at the details above if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at the details above. You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. The ICO’s address is Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Helpline number: 0303 123 1113 or visit their website.